Posted by lpearle on 19 May 2009
Time to share: here are some of the professional places I go for inspiration on how to do my job better (pedagogically and programatically). These are not the “usual suspect” sites, but other, less known blogs:
- Students 2.0. Few posts, but written by students reflecting on education, all that is 2.0 and how it affect them.
- Information Literacy Meets Library 2.0. Self-explanatory.
- Not So Distant Future. Interesting ideas on how technology and new tools can help move libraries forward.
- The Librarian Edge. Thinking about, and working through, many of the same issues I am (we all are?).
- The Librain. From the UK, but still dealing with the same stuff we’re dealing with here in the US (strength in numbers, right?)
- The Unquiet Librarian. Great ideas – all relatively doable without much muss/fuss. Plus some great thinking about what it all means to be a school librarian today.
- Archipelago. Always thought-provoking posts about how best to use these new tools, from someone trying to figure it all out.
- E-Tech. I’ve mentioned Elyssa before – if you’re not reading what she’s up to at Penn State, you’re missing out.