Books, Reading, etc.
- As part of a major push to create a strong YA section in our library, we’re looking at diverse authors/characters and great NF to get us there. Also loving this list of hybrid books and this list of women in translation.
- There are adult books that reference children’s lit – another To Get for MPOW? or just something for me to read?
- Yes, folks, there are words missing from dictionaries.
- We’re rethinking what the library is and should be, which in part means a culture change, and thinking about the website UX. But what if we could completely rethink school? or the CMS?
- Something to share during National Coming Out Week or Anti-Bullying Month.
- Great way to talk about copyright and creative commons (something that should be done by all teachers, not just the librarians!)
- Every school I’ve worked in talks about an Honor Code or Integrity Policy – this poster should be helpful for students trying to figure it out.
- We should make “dare to suck” every school’s motto!
- MFPOW was 1:1 iPad, and MPOW is considering going 1:1 Chrome. Time to learn from others!
- Last week GDrive had problems, but we’re a GAFE school so I guess I should learn more about Keep. And since we also use Schoology, there’s more to learn. Plus, obviously, decluttering my Evernote usage.
- These 10 social media tips aren’t just good for students. And while you’re at it, look at A Cookie for Your Big Data (because yes, Facebook is stalking you) Scary stuff.