Some things to think about while I digest ALA Midwinter and hiring new staff…
Books, Reading, etc.
- While I’d love to teach this exact class, since I’m on the Alex Committee for the next couple of years it might be possible to figure out a way to create something similar with those books.
- More Shakespeare thinking (this time from JSTOR and the Folger)
- This year we’ve been working with the 6th grade English class and creating book recommendation materials. Here’s an idea. And another one for increasing vacation reading from Katie: bring the books to the kids.
- Don’t you love year end lists for personal and professional collection development? I do. Here’s stuff from The Hub, Semicolon
- We have a Senior Transitions class at MPOW. Maybe this could be part of it? And even though we don’t have AP classes, perhaps we could get the Senior Projects to look like the AP Capstone. I’ve been thinking about Courtney’s VAASL presentation, too. More to come about that.
- The library is part of the school’s Big Master Plan for renovation (reality: 5+ years from now) but it’s never too early to think about getting student input, particularly since we’re considering some small steps towards a better space. Buffy’s summation is a great place to start. And then there’s signage/branding via Courtney.
- Joyce points out the great AP Archive is now online. Bookmark it. Then bookmark these Old Maps.
- Do you recommend podcasts? Here are some to start with.
- Privacy check up time: Google and Facebook.
- Time to remind our seniors (and younger students) how to get involved in the political process.