In December I bought myself a new laptop, and this summer I finally cleared out my old files and programs. Yes, I procrastinate. A lot. Anyway, prior to using Feedbin, I used RSS Owl (which is great, but lives on a machine not in the cloud). Some of these links have been stored there for, well… here they are anyway. Along with some new ones just because.
Books, Reading, etc.
- Summer’s over Time to start planning next summer’s travel. Perhaps the Lake District? Or any of the trips you can find on BookTrails?
- The Design Thinking train may be starting to leave the station (not everything needs to be DT-oriented) but if you’re curious, here’s a way to learn more.
- Nancy ponders the idea that If Teaching is Relational, How Does That Inform Online Teaching? And, along the lines of personal relationships, as we move into the school year, re-reading Katie’s thoughts about the Emma Personal Librarian Program makes sense.
- More on plagiarism (aka “something that got left out of my last post“): Why plagiarism is not necessarily deceitful or deserving of censure. And some comments on teaching copyright to students (they go hand-in-hand, right?)
- So cool: text “Send me [keyword, color or emoji]” to 572-51 and the SFMOMA will send you back a piece of art (I did this early one morning).
- I’m always in favor of bringing art to everyone, and apparently the Met’s Open Access experiment is working!
- If only I could use my own pens, I’d grab a Rhodia Bamboo Smart Folio.
- As AY18 begins, this reflection / confession from Joyce in 2016 is on my mind.
- Doug has thoughts on social media and the intersection between personal, professional and political. Your thoughts?