One final round-up before school begins.
Books, Reading, etc.
- If you do any Dewey instruction or are moving books around in your collection, think about some of the problems with DDC and how of its time it was.
- PW talks about middle grade fiction, in case you need ideas or a refresher.
- Do you have students who study architecture or the classics or ancient history? This twitter thread on ruins might give them some interesting resources. And then there’s Tutte le opere from the Museo della Civilta Romana
- LGBTQ issues (especially Stonewall) are always popular research topics at my schools. NYPL has great online resources to help.
- The start of the school year is a good time to revisit your privacy settings on all social platforms. You should also check out this Wikipedia for Terms of Service Agreements.
- The larger site deals with NYC’s grid but there are maps of other grids – perfect for thinking about city planning, urban life, etc..