Books, Reading, Etc.
- Starting to think about welcome= back-to-school displays and helping students figure out what to read now? NYPL has some great YA book recommendations. (also a great collection development tool re: summer orders and what we forgot to buy!)
- Oldie but still good: platforms for students to share book thoughts and recommendations.
- Looking for great program ideas/tie-ins for movies? Or just wondering which books will be on screens near you in soon? Look/wonder no more.
- From the always-inspiring Ellysa, how Penn State is revising library instruction.
- Got planning time with colleagues? Maybe this year is the year to kill the term paper. Ditto the narrated PowerPoint (teaches ’em good habits for the future).
- Time to remind ourselves about the learning cycle of a 21st century student. Very different from my school days (so last century!)
- Interesting information on computers and our bodies (“We tend to breath-hold or shallow breathe when we sit at a laptop. The computer becomes animated and we become less animated.”) Something to think about as we return to school life.
- Great collaborative tool: CoSketch. I’ll be using this A.Lot.
- Upgrading before the school year starts? How to ensure all your information is erased off the old one before recycling or selling to My Laptop Broke.
- As more schools move to the flipped classroom model, here are some great apps and site for that.